Many of us have specific goals that keep us coming to the gym…wanting to set a new PR, lose weight, etc. But I’d like to encourage you to set a Summer Consistency Goal. Simply make it your goal to get to the box an average of 3-5 days a week over the summer. Here are 5 good reasons to have a Summer Consistency goal.
1. A consistent workout regimen reduces stress and increases your mental well being. When you work out regularly, your body releases endorphins that enhance your mood.
2. Consistency will decrease your chance of injury. It is too straining for the body to experience sporadic spurts of strenuous exercise.(Like hitting the gym once or twice every other week.) A gradual increase in intensity will allow your muscles, tendons and ligaments a chance to adjust to the strains and challenges of a fitness regimen.
3. Endurance fades when you skip exercising for too many days in a row. You’ve worked hard to achieve the gains you’ve made this year, you don’t want to lose them over the summer.
4. Perhaps most importantly, motivation also fades when you skip your workouts. For every day you decide to not come to the gym, it makes it that much easier to not come the next day…and eventually to stop coming all together.
5. By setting a Summer Consistency Goal, and achieving it…you could WIN PRIZES!……..
What?! That’s right! Introducing our
Summer Swole Attendance Challenge:
This challenge is FREE to CrossFit Regen members. You don’t even need to register! But you do need to MAKE SURE you LOG IN TO WODIFY every day you come in the gym during the months of June and July. We will be tracking the attendance via Wodify.
-Log in to Wodify at the gym to track your daily attendance.
-Attendance at the gym is required. (At home workouts do not count for the attendance challenge.) Prizes are based on an average weekly attendance, so it’s okay if you miss a week or so due to vacation.
-You must workout, but you don’t have to complete the daily WOD. Participating in a specialized class (MissFit, Patriots, Bootcamp), Personal/Skill Training, or Open gym all count.
-Only one attendance time will count per day. We happily welcome you to come in and workout more than once a day. We like seeing your face. But the extra daily times will not count towards this challenge.
GOLD LEVEL Prize – Have an average weekly attendance of 5 days a week during June and July – Receive FREE Admission to our Fall Seminar Series featuring specialized fitness training in the areas of running, rowing, weightlifting, and nutrition. PLUS Receive a FREE one-on-one Skills Session by one of our CFR coaches!
SILVER LEVEL Prize – Have an average weekly attendance of 4 days a week during June and July – Receive FREE Admission to our Fall Seminar Series featuring specialized fitness training in the areas of running, rowing, weightlifting, and nutrition.
BRONZE LEVEL Prize – Have an average weekly attendance of 3 days a week during June and July – Receive 1/2 Price Admission to our Fall Seminar Series featuring specialized fitness training in the areas of running, rowing, weightlifting, and nutrition.
We’re looking forward to seeing you every week this summer!