Top Notch Podcast > Episode 35: Wisdom of Our Fathers – Part 2
Part 2 of a multi-part series where Charlie and John sit down and chat with their fathers, Kenny and Mike. They cover a wide range of topics including:
- Who influenced you growing up?
- Being a teacher, coach, rental property owner and being a chemical plant operator and working in the trucking business.
- Understanding personal finance & paying taxes.
- Dealing with tough times in life including chemical explosions, abuse, and failure.
- How terrible things in your life make for great turning points and understanding that you can choose how to respond.
- Learning how to be a man (or woman or adult) in life.
- Learning from good coaches and mentors.
- Being a good dad (or mom) and trying to raise good kids. Helicopter parenting.
- Learning what it means to work hard and have a work ethic.
We tried to keep it family-friendly but from time to time Kenny and Mike drop a curse word or two. All of it was good natured and we edited out all we could find. So when you hear a “bike horn”, you now know why.