A better place to start is what CrossFit is not…
- Contrary to popular belief, CrossFit is not dangerous. There are dangerous people who do CrossFit, but the actual programming and style is no more dangerous than any other exercise regimen.
- CrossFit is not circuit training. There is an element of circuit training that will be employed, but we will be seeking a holistic fitness improvement through an extensive variety of methods.
- CrossFit is not just the new trendy fitness craze. While it is true that CrossFitís popularity is fairly recent and rapidly expanding, this is due to its proven capacity to create elite athletes. This is no fad.
- You can check out the definitive articles by coach Greg Glassman “What is Fitness” here, and “Foundations” here.
- Here is a quick video explaining things a bit more.
CrossFit can be loosely defined as: Constantly Varied Functional Movement Performed at High Intensity with the goal of: Increased Work Capacity across a broad range of Time and Modal Domains. This is a precise and accurate answer, but it is ultimately insufficient. If you want to know what CrossFit is, I’ll have to show you!
Our idea on training is typically different from the norm, which makes our workouts fun and challenging. Workouts are most often completed within group classes. Our classes vary in size, but each one is lead by at least one CrossFit Certified coach. This provides you with the attention from the trainer that is necessary for your safety and success. We’re convinced that you will be challenged both mentally and physically in your workouts but will find a great sense of camaraderie with those you are working with.
Our program is designed for scalability and applies equally well to all individuals regardless of age or fitness level. By varying the resistance and intensity, we start you at a level appropriate to your fitness and experience. With commitment and hard work you will achieve greater general fitness and a high degree of athleticism. We take an old-school approach emphasizing fundamental, functional movements with proper technique. You will learn and get fit with workouts that are always changing and that combine bodyweight exercises, weightlifting, and a huge variety of high-intensity drills that combine cardio and strength challenges at the appropriate level for each person. The stimulus provided is always varied and the results are dramatic.
We believe in training with life in mind rather than specializing on one specific thing. Training for life means that we have to be prepared for the unknown and the unknowable. Our workouts involve exercises that mimic everyday movements so that you can become stronger and more efficient in your daily activities.
We want to provide you with help in reaching your potential, which is typically far more than you ever thought you could achieve. Providing you with an encouraging and friendly environment will help to build our community and enable more people to reach their goals whatever they may be.